Monday, September 17, 2007

Ron Paul Reminds Us of Our Freedom

It is a faint memory. Something very basic, yet something which we have let ourselves become a stranger to. We run through our daily routine, go to work, pick up the kids, get dinner ready, and our busy schedule causes us to forget. What is it? It is simple. We are free.


Today, I walked into an auditorium filled with a couple thousand people. People I have never met before but who were all looking for the same thing I was. Freedom. I don't want to work one fourth of my year paying federal taxes. I don't want to ask permission from a government worker for a permit to redo my bathroom. I should have never had to ask the government for a license to marry my beautiful wife. I can't start a business without asking permission. We were taught in school that we live in a free country. At what point do we finally become free?


The mainstream media will tell you that you're crazy. He has no chance. Don't listen to this man. What he says is bad for you. But today I found out none of it is true. Today, I saw Ron Paul stand up in front of more people then the media wants to admit, and tell me and everyone else that we are free and we don't have to take it anymore.


Thunderous applause was what the crowd gave Dr. Paul in return for his simple message. I'm not talking about regular clapping you would hear at any establishment political event. I'm talking about thunderous, foot stomping, chest shaking sound, emanating from the crowd. No longer could the mainstream media make me feel like I was alone. I was surrounded today by thousands of people who know the same thing I do. I am free. I do not need to tell you about the individual points of Ron Paul's speech. I will tell you what I heard the people around me in the crowd saying.


A man standing next to me said, "Thank god someone is finally telling us the truth." I looked over at another gentleman and noticed he had tears in his eyes while clapping. On the way out after the event I heard a woman say to her husband, "That man has the hand of god on his shoulders." Her husband replied, "He's the only one standing up for us."


Shakespeare lent me the feeling I had today. From Henry the V, "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition: And gentlemen in England now a-bed Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."


I was there. My manhood remains intact. Where were you?


Source


TruthgoneWild is PRO America. TruthgoneWild is not, in any way, connected to, or supportive of, any person(s) who engage in violent acts towards anyone or anything, for any reason. TruthgoneWild is not, and will never be, associated with, or support, any person(s) who are involved with any kind of religious, extremist, occultist, terrorist organization(s). TruthgoneWild is not responsible for any of the people who read the TruthgoneWild blog. TruthgoneWild posts consist of information copied from other sources and a source link is provided for the reader. TruthgoneWild is not responsible for any of the authors' content. Parental discretion is advised.

TruthgoneWild is exercising our 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech. Those who attempt to hinder this right to free speech will be held accountable for their actions in a court of law. TruthgoneWild is not anti government. TruthgoneWild is anti corruption. And we the people have every right to know who in our government is corrupt.